Lulav: Palm BranchYou need one Lulav.
- It should be straight.
- The leaves should be together.
- It should not be dried out.
- The top should not be cut off.
- It should be at least 15 inches long.
Hadas: MyrtleYou need 3 Hadasim for each Lulav.
- It should be green and not dried out.
- The top of the branch should be whole.
- The leaves toward the top should be in clusters of three.
Arava: WillowYou need 2 Aravos for each Lulav
- It should have long and whole leaves.
- The edge of the leaf should be smooth.
- The top leaf should be intact.
Esrog: CitronYou need one Esrog.
- It should be bumpy.
- If it grew with a Pittum then it should not be broken.
- If the Esrog never had a Pittum, it is kosher.
- It should be larger than an egg.
- No part of the Esrog should be missing.